We are on the final straight now, I decided to change the wheels to some more updated ones which are 5 stud, so rather than just get some 4 stud to 5 stud adaptors, I thought I would get completely new disc and drum brakes for Hank.
Here they are after my OCD with the paint can.
Now before I show you Hank almost finished and then complete, here’s a reminder of how he looked the day he arrived home.
And now, this is before the new wheels were added, straight out of the paint shop.
Check out those curves.
With the new wheels.
Thanks to Perry and his team for a stunning paint job, Thanks also to James my mechanic who went above and beyond the call to get my car finished in time for Carfest, Andy for the tyres, and all the guys at Coolair for all the parts.
Now the bad news.
Hank was finished a couple of weeks ago so I had a lot of fun driving him, then the wheels were added and he looked so cool, I was so happy I took him for a nice long drive, I stopped at Bluewater our local shopping centre and met my wife and our boys for lunch, then on the way home driving up the motorway Hanks engine gave up, and I don’t mean in a small way, he dropped a valve or something, but as I was doing about 70mph at the time the engine didn’t have a chance, so I have to apologise for letting everyone down that worked so hard on Hank, he will be back, but I have now started other jobs like my driveway and patio and summer house, so maybe next summer, it was fun while it lasted.